The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Cod bites with scored potatoes and salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramspotatoes
- 100 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 300 gramscod loins- or fillets
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- lettuce of your choice
- 100 gramsolives
- dressing of your choice
- tartar sauce- or remoulade
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
It just is a bit easier to get fish into the kids when camouflaged as nuggets. The fish, that is - not the kids! We've served the crispy cod bites with scored ovenroast potatoes, which we're serving with salad and tartar sauce or remoulade. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees convection. Wash and halve the potatoes. Score the surface of the potatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Then sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika or another spice you love. Bake the potatoes for about 30 minutes, until golden.
2. Pour the breadcrumbs into a deep plate with a pinch of salt and pepper, and beat the egg in a separate deep plate. Cut the cod into pieces, so they're the size of nuggets. Now coat the cod pieces in the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
3. Fry them in a mix of butter and oil until golden. Remember to carefully flip them.
4. Rinse tomatoes and lettuce, and cut both into bite-sized chunks the way you like. Mix with olives and dressing of your choice.
5. Serve the cod bites with the yummy potatoes, lettuce, and tartar sauce or remoulade for dipping.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help season the potatoes. They can also coat the cod in egg and breadcrumbs, and toss the salad.