The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Classic burger with potatoes and corn cobs
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 750 gramsfrozen potato slices
- lettuce of your choice
- 4 tomato
- 1 red onion- or white
- 2 corn cob
- 500 gramsbeef mince
- 4 cheese slices
- 4 burger bun
- burger dressing
- sliced pickles
- remoulade– or mustard
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Yum! Here's the recipe for a totally classic burger with melted cheese, served with crispy potato slices and corn cobs. Enjoy!
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil for the corn cobs. Cook the potato slices in the oven according to the bag – or make your own using our recipe, by clicking the little chefs' hat in the ingredient list.
2. Rinse the veggies and slice and cut them to your preference.
3. Cut the ends off the corn cobs, remove leaves and 'hairs'. Split each cob into two and cook in salted water for about 10 minutes.
4. Shape the mince into patties, season with salt and pepper and fry in some olive oil on a pan until pink or cooked through. Once you've seared the patties on both sides, and they're almost cooked to your liking, pop a slice or two of cheese onto the patties for those who want it. This gives the cheese a chance to melt a bit before serving.
5. Warm the burger buns in the oven, or pop them in the toaster.
6. Place the lot on the table in bowls and on trays, and let the whole family assemble their own favourite burger. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help slice the veggies. They can also pick off the little 'hairs' from the corn cobs. If you prefer a lighter burger, or simply want to cut down on beef, you can use chicken fillets or chicken mince instead.