The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Christmas rolls with cinnamon, orange and raisins
( 16 )
- 50 gramsLurpak butter
- 400 mlwhole milk
- 2 tbspsugar
- 25 gramsyeast
- 0.5 tspsalt
- 100 gramsraisins*
- 1 organic orange
- 1 tspvanilla sugar
- 1 tbspground cinnamon
- 675 gramsplain flour
- 1 egg
- pearl sugar
- baking parchment
About the recipe
These rolls taste like absolute Christmas magic! We've made them with cinnamon, raisins, and some orange zest. They get a crispy and sweet crust, sprinkled with pearl sugar. Bring the kids into the kitchen with you and bake a portion together - it's dead lovely. Enjoy!
1. Cut the butter into smaller chunks. Heat up the whole milk in a pot along with the butter, and stir until melted. Mix the buttery milk with the sugar and crumble in the yeast - use a bowl or kitchen mixer. Stir well until dissolved, then add salt and raisins.
2. Rinse the orange, zest on the fine side of a grater (or a zester, of course - if you happen to have one knocking about), and stir into your milky base.
3. Mix vanilla sugar, cinnamon and plain flour in a bowl, then to your wet ingredients. Give the dough a knead in the mixer, or with your biggest muscles!
4. At this point, the dough should be soft and a little oily - but not sticking to your fingers. If it does, add a bit more flour, little by little - be careful not to add too much, as the rolls will get dry.
5. Shape round rolls from the dough, and place on a sheet pan lined with baking parchment. Cover the rolls with a clean dishtowel and let rise for 30-45 minutes.
6. Beat an egg, brush the rolls, and sprinkle with pearl sugar.
7. Preheat your oven to 185 degrees convection and bake the rolls for about 20 minutes, until they sound hollow when tapped on the bottom - that's when they're done!
8. And you've got warm rolls, crying out to be served with cold butter - listen carefully, you'll hear..!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help mix the ingredients and shape the rolls. They can also brush on the eggwash and sprinkle on pearl sugar.