The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken thighs with pasta salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 8 chicken thigh
- 1 tbspall purpose seasoning
- 250 gramswholewheat fusilli pasta
- 50 gramspumpkin seeds- or sunflower seeds
- 0.5 cucumber
- 200 gramscherry tomatoes
- 200 gramsgreen asparagus
- 1 ballmozzarella
- 150 gramsred pesto
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
An easy and tasty round of classic dinner with juicy chicken thighs, served with pasta salad with tomatoes, cucumber, asparagus, mozzarella and pesto. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection. Place the chicken thighs in a baking tray or casserole tin and season with salt and pepper, or sprinkle with some all purpose seasoning or similar, if you have some to hand. Cook the thighs in the oven for about 30 minutes, until cooked through all the way to the bone.
2. Cook the pasta according to the packet, then blanch with cold water and let drip off.
3. Roast pumpkin or sunflower seeds on a dry pan and leave to cool on a plate.
4. Rinse and cut cucumber, tomatoes and asparagus into bite-sized chunks. Rip or cut the mozzarella into smaller bits. Mix the lot with red pesto, seeds, and pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the tasty chicken thighs with the pasta salad on the side.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut the cucumber, tomatoes and asparagus. They can also rip up the mozzarella.
If you have leftover chicken thighs, save a few for the kids' packed lunches.