The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken skewers with potatoes, salad and garlic mayo
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 500 gramsbaby potatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 1 tbspacacia honey*
- 1 clovegarlic
- 3 tbspolive oil
- 1 courgette
- 400 gramschicken mini fillets
- 50 gramssunflower seeds*
- lettuce of your choice
- 10 radishes
- 300 gramscarrots*
- dressing of your choice
- garlic mayo
- baking parchment
- grill skewers
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Yum! Chicken skewers are SO tasty, whether grilled or baked. We're serving them with oven roasted spuds, easy salad and garlic mayo. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees convection. Wash the potatoes, place in a casserole tin lined with baking parchment and mix with a nice glob of olive oil and some salt. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden and crispy. Remember to flip them about halfway through.
2. Mix the juice from the lemon, oregano, honey, pressed or chopped garlic, olive oil and some salt and pepper into a marinade in a bowl.
3. Rinse the courgette and slice into slices about 1.5 cm thick. Prick each fillet a few times with a fork, and flatten them slightly with your hand. Place courgette and chicken in a freezer bag or bowl along with the marinade, and mix everything well. Let chicken and courgette marinate while you make the salad and fire up the grill (if weather permits). Remember to wash hands and utensils when you're done.
4. Roast the sunflower seeds on a dry pan. Leave them to cool on a plate. Rinse lettuce and radishes and cut both into bite-sized pieces. Peel carrots and grate on the rough side of a grater. Mix with roast sunflower seeds and top with dressing.
5. Pop a slice of courgette and one or two chicken fillets onto skewers and wrap a piece of tin foil around the end to stop it from burning (if you're using wooden skewers) and chuck them on the grill. Remember to wash hands and utensils when you're done.
6. If you're grilling the skewers, give them 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked all the way through. If baking them, place on a baking tray with baking parchment and let cook along with the potatoes for 10-15 minutes - until cooked through.
7. Serve the skewers with crispy potatoes, salad and garlic mayo for dip. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help slice the courgette. They can also cut radishes for the salad and skewer the courgette and chicken. Just remember good kitchen hygiene when handling raw chicken.