The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken skewers with baked potatoes and bearnaise butter
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 125 gramsbutter
- 1 packetbearnaise powder
- 6 baking potato
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 400 gramschicken mini fillets
- 3 tbspolive oil
- 0.5 tbsppaprika
- 0.25 tbspgarlic powder
- 2 tbspketchup
- 40 gramssunflower seeds*
- lettuce of your choice
- 200 gramsstrawberries
- dressing of your choice
- baking parchment
- grill skewers
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We've put together a proper summer belter of grilled chicken skewers, baked potatoes and strawberry salad, which we're serving with a gorgeous bearnaise butter. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees fan-assisted.
2. Dice the butter and let it soften. The butter shouldn't melt, just be soft enough that you can stir it with a spoon. Mix well with half of the bearnaise powder in a bowl. Have a taste, and add more bearnaise powder if needed. Now place the soft butter lengthways on a piece of baking parchment and roll it up into a 'sausage' shape - like a doner! Pop the butter in the freezer, while you sort the rest.
3. Scrub the potatoes so they're totally clean, and cut a cross into the top. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes (or a bit more, if the potatoes are very large), or until crispy on the outside and soft all the way through when poked with a sharp knife.
4. Rinse and dice bell peppers into pieces that fit nicely on your skewers. Prick each mini fillet a few times with a fork and pound them a bit flat with your hand. Add bell pepper and chicken to a freezer bag along with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder and ketchup, and mix everything well. Let it marinate while you make the salad and fire up the grill (weather permitting). Remember to wash hands and utensils when you're done.
5. Roast sunflower seeds on a dry pan and let cool on a plate. Mix rinsed lettuce, rinsed, sliced strawberries and sunflower seeds and top with dressing of your choice.
6. Skewer chicken and bell pepper in alternating layers. Grill or bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.
7. Serve the yummy skewers with salad and baked potatoes with a slice of cold bearnaise butter in the centre. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help dice the bell pepper and slice the strawberries.