The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken skewers with bacon, butternut squash and sauce
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 650 gramsbaby potatoes
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 snack pepper
- 280 gramschicken mini fillets
- 100 gramsbacon slices
- 50 mlwater
- 0.5 cubevegetable stock
- 100 mlsingle cream 8%
- 0.5 tbspdried thyme
- olive oil
- baking parchment
- gravy browning
- grill skewers
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Chicken skewers are dead easy to make – and fun to eat for the whole family. For these ones, we've wrapped the chicken in bacon and served the skewers with baked bell pepper, butternut squash and a quick sauce. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees fan assisted. Scrub and halve the potatoes. Rinse and clean butternut squash and snack pepper and roughly dice both.
2. Place the lot on a sheet pan lined with baking parchment and coat with a bit of oil. Bake the veggies for 25-30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, wrap each mini fillet in a slice of bacon and pop on a skewer. Place in an oven dish with a splash of water in the bottom. Pop the dish into the oven along with the veggies, and give them 15-20 minutes. Do keep in mind that both chickens and ovens vary – make sure the chicken in light, not pink, and that the juices run clear. That means the chicken is done.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven and pour the juices into a pot. Add water, vegetable stock, single cream and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Optionally add a bit of gravy browning, if you want some colour in it.
5. Serve the yummy bacon-wrapped fillets with baked veggies and sauce. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help wrap the bacon around the chicken fillets. They can also stir the sauce and help taste it.