The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken pad thai - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- Noodles and chicken
- 200 gramsrice noodles
- 6 spring onions
- 3 cmfresh ginger
- 2 clovegarlic
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 500 gramschicken fillet
- 4 egg
- 4 tbspbrown sugar
- 200 mlwater
- 100 mlketchup
- 4 tbspfish sauce
- 4 tbspsoya
- 4 tbspoyster sauce
- 4 tbsppeanuts
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Pad Thai is a classic dish from Thai cuisine, usually comprising flash fried noodles with egg. This version is made with chicken and mushrooms, and is absolutely delicious! This recipe is designed for two days. For example, you can use the leftovers in a yummy omelette.
1. Pop the noodles in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Let them soak for about 10 minutes. Move the noodles to a sieve and rinse with cold water. Mix in a dash of olive oil to keep the noodles from sticking together.
2. Chop spring onions, garlic and ginger. Slice the mushrooms.
3. Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks and cook with a dash of olive oil in a wok or deep pan on high heat. When they've gotten a nice sear and are just about cooked through, take them off the pan and set aside.
4. Beat the egg and cook them on the pan for a minute or two, until they have the consistency of scrambled egg.
5. Add spring onions, ginger, garlic and mushrooms to the egg. Cook for an additional few minutes.
6. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together. Pour into the pan with the chicken and cook for another few minutes. Add noodles, mix it all up well, and serve with peanuts and a bit of basil on top, if you have any to hand.
Remember to save the leftover Pad Thai for dinner tomorrow. If you only want to make pad thai for one day, you can find the recipe here.