The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken fillets with creamy basil sauce
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 900 gramschicken fillet
- 50 mlwater
- wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 bunchfresh basil
- 250 mlsingle cream 8%
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 400 gramscarrots*
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We've whipped up a truly tasty pasta dish with a creamy bell pepper sauce with fresh basil, pan seared chicken fillets and spaghetti. We've serving this treat with carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes. The recipe is designed for two days, as half of the chicken fillets will become pulled chicken with yummy baked potatoes tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees fan assisted.
2. Sear the chicken on both sides in some olive oil on a pan. Season with salt and pepper. If the fillets are quite thick, you can butterfly them by cutting them open lengthways. Place in an oven dish with a bit of water in the bottom.
3. Finish the fillets in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until cooked through. Set half aside for tomorrow.
4. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet.
5. Finely dice bell pepper and garlic. Chop half of the basil, and save the rest for garnish.
6. Sweat the bell pepper in a pot with a dash of olive oil. Add garlic and chopped basil, and cook for another couple of minutes. Add cream and stock cube and let simmer for a few minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Peel and cut the carrots into sticks, and rinse cherry tomatoes.
8. Plate the pasta in deep plates or pasta bowls, top with chicken and sauce and garnish with a few basil leaves. Serve carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes on the side.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help rinse and dice the bell pepper. They can also help taste and season the sauce.