The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken fillet with couscous, mushroom sauce and flash fried veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 400 gramschicken fillet
- 250 gramsmushroom mix
- 250 mlsingle cream 8%
- 1 clovegarlic
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano- or thyme
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 1 headbroccoli
- 0.5 headpointed cabbage
- 1 organic lemon
- acacia honey*
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Easy and delicious dinner with chicken fillet, couscous, mushroom (sauce), and flash fried veggies. You can swap out the couscous for rice, bulgur or pasta if you like. Enjoy!
1. Cook couscous according to the packet.
2. Cook the chicken fillets in a bit of olive oil on a pan, until seared. Remove from the pan and don't clean it.
3. Thoroughly clean the mushrooms and cook in olive oil on the same pan that you used for the chicken. Add single cream, pressed garlic, oregano or thyme and crumbled stock cube.
4. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes or five. Add the chicken fillets and let the sauce simmer until the chicken is cooked through. You can add a dash of water if the sauce has gotten too thick for your liking. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Clean the broccoli and split into smaller florets. Rinse the pointed cabbage and cut into strips. Cook for 2-3 minutes on a pan over high heat in a bit of butter. Add fine lemon zest and a bit of lemon juice. Season to taste with acacia honey, salt and pepper.
6. Serve the chicken fillets and the yummy mushroom sauce with couscous and warm veggies.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids cut the mushrooms into smaller chunks, and split the broccoli into florets. They can also easily slice the pointed cabbage - just use a child-safe knife. The kids can also happily stir the mushroom sauce as it simmers. If you have some leftover bacon or salami, you can add it to the sauce for a more powerful flavour.