The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken drumsticks with cornflakes and salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 100 gramscornflakes
- 50 gramsgrated parmesan
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 500 gramspotatoes
- lettuce of your choice
- 1 apple
- 0.5 cucumber
- 2 tomato
- dressing of your choice
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Every kid likes chicken. And every kid likes cornflakes. So the combination of the two is a match made in heaven! Instead of breadcrumbs, we've coated the drumsticks in cornflakes and parmesan, and it's not bad at all! Try for yourself.
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees.
2. Crush the cornflakes in a bowl with your fists and mix with parmesan, salt and pepper.
3. Brush the drumsticks with a bit of oil and coat in the cornflake mix - press the drumsticks into the cornflakes proper, so it sticks. Pop them in a baking tray and if needed, sprinkle some more cornflakes on top. Ovenbake for approx. 30 minutes, or until the juices run clear, and the meat is white without a trace of pink. Remember to wash hands and utensils.
4. Boil the potatoes in a pot with generously salted water.
5. Wash the lettuce, apple, cucumber and tomatoes and cut them in bite-sized chunks. Mix together and sprinkle with dressing on top.
This is a perfect dish to make with your kids. Let them crush the cornflakes and coat their own drumsticks in the very kid-friendly coating - just remember to thoroughly wash hands and utensils both before and after. You can absolutely buy a tub of grated parmesan, but it's much cheaper to buy a whole piece and grate it yourself. The slightly cheaper version called Grana Padano will do absolutely fine as well!