The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chicken bake with almonds and bulgur - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1500 gramschicken thighs
- 2 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 fennel
- 500 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 tbspcurry
- 0.5 tbspground coriander
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 100 mlwater
- 100 gramsalmonds*
- bulgur- or wholegrain rice
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Yum! Chicken with a hint of the Middle East is just delicious. We've used chicken thighs, fennel, carrots and almonds - and seasoned it so it's friendly to young palates, with curry and ground coriander. The dish is served with bulgur, which can be swapped for rice. Remember to save half for tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees convection.
2. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in a baking tray or casserole tin - or use two trays, as the dish is for two days. Pop them in the oven, and get cracking on the filling.
3. Dice onion and garlic. Rinse the fennel and cut into thin strips. Peel the carrots and cut into bite-sized chunks.
4. Cook onion, garlic, fennel and carrots in a pot with olive oil for a couple of minutes. You may need to add a bit more olive oil.
5. Add curry, ground coriander, chopped tomatoes and water. Let simmer for 5 minutes. then season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the veggies and sauce over the chicken in the oven, and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
6. Let the lot bake for 20-30 minutes - until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Cook bulgur or rice according to the packet.
8. Serve the lot with the piping hot bulgur. Remember to save half for tomorrow, where dinner will be as easy as it is delicious. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help slice the fennel into strips. They can also chop the almonds, and peel the carrots.