The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Chia porridge with berries and coconut
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- Chia porridge
- 6 tbspchia seeds
- 400 mlalmond milk- or cows milk
- 0.5 tbspvanilla sugar
- 1 cmfresh ginger
- 0.5 organic lemon
- 50 gramscoconut flour
- 200 gramsseasonal berries
- acacia honey*
About the recipe
Chia porridge has really taken off the past few years, and we totally get why! Chia seeds are packed with good stuff, and taste great in a porridge. The porridge is dead easy to make, and just needs to sit in a bowl overnight - and it's ready to be served with your choice of toppings for breakfast. Enjoy!
1. Stir chia seeds with milk, vanilla sugar, finely grated ginger and zest from a rinsed lemon. Pop the mix in the fridge and give it another good stir after about an hour. Leave it in the fridge until tomorrow.
2. When you're ready to eat the porridge, give it another good stir.
3. Roast the coconut flour on a dry pan and serve the yummy lot with seasonal berries, coconut flour and a dash of acacia honey on top.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help mix the porridge. It's a good idea to have them help with tasting, as it has quite a special consistency. You can also happily use frozen berries.
The porridge will last in the fridge for about 3 days, so you can happily make a large portion and make your mornings that bit easier.