The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Cheese tacos with beef and veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 200 gramsgrated cheddar
- 1 onion
- 400 gramsbeef mince
- 1 courgette
- 40 gramstaco seasoning
- lettuce of your choice
- 3 tomato
- 0.5 cucumber
- 140 gramsloose sweetcorn
- wholewheat baguette
- dressing of your choice
- olive oil
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
These cheese shells are as delicious as they are fun to make - even if they're maybe a touch sinful. We've done our own take on the classic taco shells here, by melting cheese in the oven and shaping it like a taco shell. We're serving them with beef filling, veggies and baguettes. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Line two sheet trays with baking parchment - pour four piles of approx. 25 grams of cheese onto each sheet, each about 15 cm in diameter. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, get an oven grate out. Set it on top of four cups of equal height - one in each corner of the grate. You can also get started on the bolognese in step four while you wait for the cheese.
3. Carefully remove the melted cheese from the oven with a spatula or similar, and place each piece over two spokes of the oven grate so it takes the shape of a taco shell - do try not to burn your fingers! Let them hang out and cool while you sort the rest.
4. Finely chop the onion. Sweat in some olive oil on a pan, until lightly browned. Add the mince and let sear while stirring, until the mince is proper browned. Rinse the courgette, grate on the coarse side of a grater, and add to the mince along with taco seasoning.
5. Rinse the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber, and cut it all up. Drain the sweetcorn and pop the veggies into small bowls. Toast the bread in the oven or a toaster.
6. Serve the yummy cheese tacos with beef filling, veggies, baguettes and maybe a dash of dressing, if you have some handy.
You can totally get grated cheese from the supermarket - but it's much cheaper to buy a whole wedge of cheese, which you can use for grated cheese, cheese sticks for packed lunches, and slices on warm toast in the afternoon.