The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Camouflaged cod in coconut curry
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 250 gramswholegrain rice
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 125 gramsmushrooms
- 1 apple
- 225 gramscod fillet
- 2 tspcurry
- 200 mlcoconut milk
- 100 mlwater
- 0.5 lemon
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A super tasty, quick and kid-friendly fish dish! Camouflaged cod with curry, coconut milk, veg and apple - mixed with rice. The dish is a great way to get fish into the kids. You can roughly dice the cod or finely split it, if you really want to hide it.
1. Boil the rice following directions on the packet.
2. Start by prepping your veg. Finely chop the onion. Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and dice it. Clean and wash the mushrooms and slice them. Wash the apple, remove the core and cut the apple into thin sticks. Put everything to the side.
3. Roughly dice the cod. Season with salt and pepper and cook with a bit of olive oil on a pan, while carefully stirring. Take the fish off the pan and set aside.
4. Cook the onion in a bit more olive oil, until clear and fragrant. Add the curry and cook for another minute or so. Now add bell pepper and mushrooms and cook for about five minutes while stirring.
5. Add coconut milk and apples and heat up. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Now carefully mix the veggies with the rice and cod. And if you like, cut the cod into smaller pieces. Serve in deep plates or bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of herbs on top, if you have any knocking about.
If you have leftover coconut milk, you can easily freeze it in an airtight container, so you have it for next time you need it.