The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Burgers with crisps and basil mayo
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- lettuce of your choice
- 4 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion- or white
- 500 gramsbeef mince
- cheese slices
- 0.5 bunchfresh basil
- 100 mlmayonnaise
- 4 burger bun
- 200 gramspotato crisps
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
BOY, these burgers are tasty! Juicy patties, cheese, veggies, basil mayo, and as the crowning glory: crisps on top! What's not to love? It's a bit tricky to balance a burger this tall - why not have a little dinner table contest to see who can eat one without it falling apart. Enjoy!
1. Rinse the veggies, and cut and slice them the way you want them. We suggest cutting half of the cucumber into sticks for snack veggies.Skyl grøntsagerne og skær dem i skiver og strimler, som du nu synes, de skal være. Skær f.eks. halvdelen af agurken til gnavergrønt.
2. Shape the mince into patties, season with salt and pepper, and cook in some olive oil on a pan until pink or cooked through. Once both sides are seared and they're almost ready, pop a slice or two of cheese onto the patties of those who like that sort of thing. This gives the cheese a minute to melt before serving.
3. Very finely chop basil, mix with mayo and season with salt and pepper.
4. Warm the burger buns in the oven, or chuck them in the toaster.
5. Place everything on the table in bowls and on trays and let the whole family assemble their own favourite burger - remember the crisps! It makes for a crazy crunchy burger. Yum!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help rinse tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce and cut it up. They can also chop the basil and mix with mayo.
If you prefer a lighter burger, or just wish to cut down on beef, use chicken fillets or chicken mince instead.