The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Breaded pork chops with baby potatoes, gravy and salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramspotatoes
- 4 pork chops
- 1 egg
- 100 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 1 cubebeef stock
- 125 mlsingle cream 8%
- 25 gramsplain flour
- 40 gramspumpkin seeds- or sunflower
- lettuce of your choice
- 125 gramsblueberries
- dressing of your choice
- gravy browning
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Here's the recipe for a wienerschnitzel in new clothes! We've coated pork chops in egg and breadcrumbs and served them with baby potatoes, an easy salad and a belting gravy. Enjoy!
1. Thoroughly wash the potatoes, then cook in salted water until they're just about tender when poked with a fork. Drain the water.
2. Pound the chops flat with your palm. Beat the egg with a fork in a deep plate. Pour breadcrumbs into a deep plate and mix with a bit of salt and pepper. First coat the pork chops in the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Fry on a pan in a mix of butter and olive oil.
3. Remove the chops from the pan and leave the fats and juices. Add crumbled stock cube and single cream. Thicken with a bit of plain or corn flour mixed with water, add gravy browning, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Roast pumpkin or sunflower seeds on a dry pan and move to a plate once browned. Rinse the lettuce and cut into chunks. Mix the lettuce with blueberries and top with seeds and dressing of your choice.
5. Serve the breaded pork chops with potatoes, salad and gravy.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help flatten the chops. They can also stir and taste the gravy.