The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Breaded plaice on crispy rye with dressing and veg
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 500 gramsbread plaice
- 8 slicerye bread
- 150 mlcreme fraiche- or skyr
- 1 tbspmayonnaise
- 2 tbspremoulade
- 1 bunchdill
- lettuce of your choice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion- or white
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 0.5 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- baking parchment
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Breaded plaice is a great way to get fish into the kids - it's almost like a trip to the chippy! Here we've served them on crispy rye bread with an easy dressing, bell peppers, onion and dill. We've used frozen breaded plaice to make things extra easy, but you can also click the chefs' hat and get our recipe for the homemade version. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Fry the plaice in a good mix of butter an oil on a teflon pan. Carefully flip them, and remove when they're nice and golden. If you don't feel the fish is getting an even fry, add a bit more fat.Steg fiskefileterne i en god blanding af smør og olie på en slip-let pande. Vend dem forsigtigt undervejs og tag dem af, når de er flot gyldne. Hvis du ikke synes, at fiskefileterne bliver stegt overalt, så tilsæt lidt mere fedtstof. De er nogen fedttørstige krabater, er de!
3. Place slices of rye bread on a sheet pan lined with baking parchment and brush with oil. Bake until the outside is crispy, but the inside still soft - about 10-15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile mix creme fraiche, mayo, remoulade and chopped dill in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Rinse the lettuce, clean the bell pepper of seeds and peel the onion. Slice onion and bell pepper. Rinse cherry tomatoes and cucumber, and cut the latter into sticks for snack veggies. Cut the lemon into wedges and set everything on the table in small bowls or a big tray.
6. Let everyone assemble their favourite fish sandwich. We highly recommend a base of dill dressing, lettuce and plaice topped with bell pepper, onion, lemon juice and some dill on top. Top with another slice of rye bread to make a sandwich, or leave it off for the worldly, Scandinavian experience. Isn't that something!Lad hele familien sammensætte deres yndlings fiskefiletmad. F.eks. med dilddressing nederst, salat og fiskefilet toppet med peberfrugt, løg, citronsaft og lidt dild på toppen. Det er en klasse-mad, vi siger det bare..
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help bread the fish, if doing it in-house. They can also mix the dressing and season it to taste, slice the bell pepper, and cut the cucumber sticks for snack veggies.