The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Breaded plaice and veggies in tortilla wraps
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 egg
- 50 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 250 gramsplaice fillets
- lettuce of your choice
- 0.5 cucumber
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 140 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 6 wholewheat tortillas
- 300 gramsguacamole
- 1 bunchfresh coriander
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We've whipped up this gorgeous, crunchy take on classic battered fish – with a hint of Mexico! Breaded plaice fillets in tortilla wraps, with guacamole and lots of veggies. Enjoy!
1. Crack the egg into a deep plate and whisk or beat it. Pour breadcrumbs onto a flat plate and mix with a bit of salt and pepper. Coat the plaice fillets in the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Fry in a mix of butter and olive oil on a pan, until crispy and golden.
2. Rinse lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes and cut the lot into smaller chunks. Drain the sweetcorn and plate everything in small bowls, so the whole family can assemble their own favourite wrap.
3. Warm the tortillas in the oven or microwave.
4. Pop the guacamole into a bowl – or click the little chefs' hat and make your own. Place everything on the table.
5. Now let the whole family roll their own favourite wraps and top with fresh coriander, if you're into that sort of thing. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids halve tomatoes, cut cucumbers and plate things in small bowls. We've figured 250 grams of fresh plaice fillets for 2 adults and 2 kids – the equivalent of a standard packet from the supermarket. This should come out to 1-2 fillets per person.