The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Bell pepper soup with pull-apart rolls
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 2 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 3 mixed bell peppers
- 300 gramspotatoes
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 400 mlwater
- 1 pull-apart rolls
- 0.5 tbspacacia honey*
- 200 mlcreme fraiche 18%
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Bell pepper soup is a mild and flavourful soup most kids like. We've served it with a homemade pull-apart rolls, but if you're in a rush, you can just grab a baguette from the supermarket. Enjoy!
1. Roughly chop onion, garlic, and the cleaned bell peppers. Sautée the lot in olive oil in a large pot, until slightly browned.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into smaller pieces.
3. Add potatoes, oregano, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, vegetable stock and water, and let simmer for 20-25 minutes - until the potatoes are tender.
4. Meanwhile, warm the bread in the oven or toaster.
5. Blend the soup smooth with a hand blender. You can also use a regular blender, but remember to only fill it halfway, as hot liquids can "explode" when blended. We suggest taking the lid off, and placing a clean dishtowel over instead.
6. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and optionally a dash of honey, if the flavour is too bitter.
7. Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche, warm bread, and optionally a sprinkle of herbs if you have some.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help roughly dice the bell pepper. They can also cut up the potatoes.