The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Beef patties with bell pepper, salad and bread
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin- or regular pumpkin
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 500 gramsbeef mince
- 150 gramsedamame beans
- 150 mlskyr*
- 1 tbsppaprika
- 1 tbspketchup
- pesto bread
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Nice beef patties, known as "mince-steak" in Denmark, with crispy bits of bell pepper, which we serve with fried pumpkin, edamame beans, dressing and a wholewheat baguette. If you have some extra time to spend in the kitchen, you can swap the baguette for our yummy calzone flower - just click the chefs' hat in the ingredient list to get to the recipe. Enjoy!
1. Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds with a spoon. Dice the flesh and set it aside for later.
2. Rinse, clean and finely dice the bell pepper. Mix the diced pepper with beef mince and shape it into patties. Optionally, lightly "score" a little diamond pattern on the tops (like grill marks), season with salt and pepper and cook to your preferred temp in a bit of olive oil on a pan.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pumpkin pieces on another pan in some olive oil for a few minutes. Add the edamame beans and let it cook for as long as the patties, or until the veggies are warm all the way through, but still with a bit of crunch. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Mix skyr or creme fraiche with paprika and ketchup, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the beef patties with the fried veg, dressing, and warm baguette.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids rinse and dice the bell pepper. They can also dice the pumpkin.