The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Beef patties in tomato sauce with pasta and snack veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 500 gramsbeef mince
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- wholewheat pasta
- 0.5 cucumber
- 200 gramscarrots*
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
You might never have cooked beef patties in a casserole tin, but in that case it's about time! Because it's just so tasty. Here we've cooked them in a tasty tomato sauce and served them with pasta and snack veggies. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Shape patties from the mince and season with salt and pepper. Quickly sear on both sides on a pan with a bit of olive oil. You don't want them cooked through, just seared. Place in a casserole tin.
3. Dice the onion. Clean and rinse the bell pepper and dice that as well.
4. Cook the onion and bell pepper for a couple of minutes in a bit of olive oil on a large pan. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, pressed garlic and oregano and bring the lot to the boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the tomato sauce over the beef patties and cook in the oven for approx. 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet, rinse the cucumber, peel the carrots and cut into sticks.
7. Serve the beef patties with the tasty tomato sauce, pasta and snack veggies.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids rinse the bell pepper, remove the seeds and dice it.