The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Baked root veggies with fried eggs and bacon
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramspotatoes
- 450 gramsfrozen root vegetables
- 200 gramsdiced bacon- lardons
- 1 tbspdried thyme- or fresh
- 3 tbspolive oil
- 4 egg
- 4 slicerye bread
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We've made dinner extra easy, so the kids can have their own cooking day - or help mum and dad in the kitchen. Here's a spot of yummy root veg baked with bacon and thyme and topped with fried egg. We've used frozen veggies to make it even easier. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees fan-assisted.
2. Scrub and dice the potatoes. Pop potatoes and root veggies on an oven tray with baking parchment and mix in bacon, thyme and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden.
3. Crack the eggs onto a hot pan with some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and fry to your liking.
4. Toast the rye bread in a toaster.
5. Serve the baked root veg and spuds with fried eggs, ketchup and some toasted rye.
6. Super simple and mega tasty - enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the family: If your kids aren't quite ready to take point in the kitchen, they can scrub the potatoes, and season them with thyme, salt and pepper. It's also a splendid opportunity to learn how to crack eggs. In this case it's easiest to crack one egg at a time, into a bowl or cup, so you can remove any bits of shell that sneak in.