The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Bacon-wrapped chicken fillets with tasty salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramschicken fillet
- 100 gramsbacon slices
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 0.5 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 2 peaches or nectarines
- 100 gramsblueberries
- 75 gramsfeta cubes
- 25 mlolive oil
- 0.5 tbspacacia honey*
- 0.5 lemon
- 1 tbspsweet mustard
- 0.5 wholewheat baguette
- barbecue marinade
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Chicken fillets go great on the grill - and even better when they're wrapped in bacon and served with a quick and kid-friendly summer salad with lots of fruit and soft veggies. And don't worry - you can easily cook this in the oven as well. Enjoy!
1. Fire up the grill - or preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection, if the weather is a bit too English for grilling.
2. Season the chicken fillets with salt and pepper and wrap a slice or two of bacon around each fillet. Grill or ovencook for approx. 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness, until cooked through.
3. Rinse and clean all the fruit and veg. Halve the cherry tomatoes, cut the cucumber into bite-sized chunks, dice the avocado and cut the peach into wedges. Toss with blueberries and feta and spread the avocado on top. You can mix the avocado in with everything else, but if it's a soft avocado it can make the salad a bit mushy.
4. A few minutes before the fillets are done, brush them with barbecue sauce on all sides. Let them finish on the grill or in the oven with the baguette.
5. Drizzle the salad with a quick dressing of olive oil, honey, lemon, sweet mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve along with the warm baguette as sides for the tasty chicken fillets cut into slices.
If you have almonds or other nuts or seeds lying about, roast them on a dry pan, let cool a bit, chop and sprinkle them on the salad - it's delicious. If you have leftover baguette,we suggest turning it into crunchy croutons on top of a quick tomato soup.