The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Bacon rolls with cheese and chicken
( Approx. 16 )
- 150 gramscooked chicken fillet
- 6 wholewheat tortillas
- 150 gramsgrated cheese
- dried oregano
- 150 gramsbacon slices
About the recipe
They might not be the prettiest, but as with everything else: It's not the looks that count! These bacon rolls are addictively delicious. They're easy to make - either on the grill or in the oven. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees convection, or fire up the grill.
2. Cut or pick the chicken into smaller pieces. Place a tortilla flat on the table. Place a stripe of grated cheese, chicken pieces and some dried oregano in the centre. Roll up and wrap with bacon.
3. Bake the bacon rolls in the oven or on the grill for 10-15 minutes. Split into 2-3 pieces before serving.
4. Serve the rolls as sides for dinner or as snacks in packed lunches.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help pick apart the chicken. They can also help place the filling and roll up the tortillas.
You can cook the chicken yourself, or buy cooked chicken pieces from the supermarket, if you're in a rush.