The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Aubergine "steaks" with potato salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- Potato salad
- 1000 gramspotatoes
- 0.5 cauliflower
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 300 mlcreme fraiche- or skyr
- 4 tbspmayonnaise
- 2 tbspsweet mustard
- 1 tspcurry
- 1 bunchchives
- Breaded aubergine
- 2 aubergine
- 100 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 2 egg
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This one might sound a tad bit health-crazed, but don't worry: These aubergine steaks are SO tasty! They're crispy, sweet and creamy in the centre, and we're serving them with a slight twist on a potato salad, with chopped cauliflower and tomatoes. Remember to save 1/3 of the cooked potatoes for tomorrows omelette
1. Peel the potatoes - or scrub them, if you're using the new and organic sort. Cook them until just about tender, when poked with a fork. Let cool, then slice them. Remember to save about 1/3 for tomorrow.
2. Rinse the aubergine, and cut into slices about 1 cm thick. Pour breadcrumbs, salt and pepper onto a flat plate. Crack the eggs into a deep plate and beat the lot together. Coat the aubergine slices in the egg, then the breading, and cook in olive oil on a pan until golden.
3. Meanwhile, rinse the cauliflower and split it into little florets. Give them a whirl in a mini chopper until roughly chopped. Rinse and cut the tomatoes.
4. Mix a dressing from creme fraiche, mayo, mustard, curry and chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Carefully mix the dressing into the spuds, cauliflower and tomatoes. Serve the potato salad with the yummy aubergine steaks.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut the potatoes. They can also pick the cauliflower florets and help bread the aubergine.