The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Asian inspired chicken noodle soup – day two
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- leftover whole roast chicken
- 1 literwater
- 2 cubechicken stock
- 400 gramsfrozen soup veggies
- 400 mlcoconut milk
- 250 gramswholewheat noodles
- 1 tbspred curry paste
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lime
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
It's SO good, when you've spent ages on a whole roast chicken and can use the leftovers the following day – yum! Here we've used the leftovers from yesterday's chicken in an Asian inspired soup with coconut milk, noodles and veggies. Enjoy!
1. Pick the chicken bones clean and save the meat for later. Bring the clean bones to the boil in a large pot with water and chicken stock. Let boil for about 15 minutes.
2. Remove and dispose of the bones. Sift the soup for impurities, if you reckon you need to. Add frozen soup veggies, coconut milk, noodles, red curry paste and chicken meat. Heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Rinse and slice the bell pepper. Serve the piping hot soup with sliced lime and bell pepper. And slurp away!
Tasks for younger kids in the family: If your kids feel brave enough, let them pick the meat off the chicken bones. They can also help taste the soup.