The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Asian chicken drumsticks with sesame and noodles
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 50 mlsweet chilli sauce
- 50 mlsoy sauce
- 3 tbspsesame oil
- 1 clovegarlic
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 20 gramssesame seeds
- wholewheat noodles
- 300 gramsfrozen beans
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunchfresh coriander
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Chicken drumsticks are easy and yummy for dinner - and in packed lunches the following day! Here we've marinated the drumsticks in an Asian-inspired marinade and sprinkled with sesame seeds. We're serving them with a cold noodle salad and fresh coriander, for those who like that sort of thing.. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees convection (that's fan-assisted for us regular folks).
2. Pop sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic in a mini chopper and give it a quick spin. Pour half of the marinade in a freezer bag along with the drumsticks. Massage the bag to spread the marinade evenly over the chicken. Pour the other half of the marinade into a bowl.
3. Place the drumsticks in an oven dish oiled with a bit of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for about 30 minutes. Remember that both ovens and chickens are unique, so make sure the drumsticks are cooked through and the juice runs clear.
4. Boil the noodles according to the packet. Bring the beans to a quick boil in salted water. Drain both (once cooked), and mix a bit of olive oil into the noodles, to stop them sticking as much.
5. Peel carrots, rinse and clean bell peppers, and cut both into thin sticks. Mix noodles and veggies.
6. Serve the yummy drumsticks with noodle salad, marinade and fresh coriander. If you have leftover sesame seeds, they're supper yummy on the salad.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help massage the marinade into the drumsticks (remember to wash hands afterwards) and cut bell pepper and carrot sticks. They can also sprinkle sesame seeds onto the chicken.