The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Almond coated salmon nuggets with parmesan
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramsbaby potatoes
- 200 gramsalmonds*
- 50 gramsgrated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 400 gramssalmon fillet
- lettuce of your choice
- 2 orange
- 1 snack pepper
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Most kids love nuggets - the chicken ones with a side of chips from a certain pair of golden arches, at least. But don't give in to the drive through just yet - try these super tasty salmon nuggets coated with almond flour and parmesan, and ovenbaked with no fats at all. They're pretty great - at least according to our kids! Enjoy!
1. Cook the potatoes until tender in a pot of salted water, and preheat your oven to 200 degree convection.
2. Give half of the almonds a proper whirl in a mini chopper or food processor along with the parmesan. If you don't have any wall-powered gadgets in your kitchen, not to worry, a sharp knife will do in a pinch. Just be sure to chop everything as finely as you can. Pour into a deep plate.
3. Beat the egg in a separate deep plate. Remove the skin from the salmon and cut the flesh into nugget-sized chunks.
4. First coatt the salmon pieces in the egg, then the almond and parmesan breading. Carefully place the nuggets onto an oven tray lined with baking parchment and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the fish can be split into flakes.
5. Meanwhile, whip up a quick salad from rinsed lettuce, diced orange and rinsed, sliced bell pepper. Roast the rest of the almonds on a dry pan, then coarsely chop. Sprinkle over the salad.
6. Serve the yummy salmon nuggets with piping hot potatoes and salad.
Save a couple of nuggets and some cooked potatoes for the kids' lunches - they'll love it!