The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Almond chicken with "hidden" cauliflower rice and tomato sauce
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 100 gramsalmonds*
- 1 egg
- 500 gramschicken fillet
- 0.5 headcauliflower
- 1 tbspacacia honey*
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 0.5 cucumber
- baking parchment
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Chicken is a favourite in most families with young children, and these chicken fillets are especially yummy! Coated in crunchy almonds and served with rice, hidden cauliflower and a quick tomato sauce. Enjoy!
1. Boil the rice following the instructions on the packet and preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Finely blend the almonds in a food processor or mini chopper. Or you can just chop them with your best and biggest knife! Pop the almonds in a bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Beat the egg in a separate bowl and coat the fillets well in the egg. Now pop the fillets into your almond bowl and give them a shuffle until they're thoroughly coated all the way round. Pop the fillets onto a baking tray with baking parchment and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. Rinse the cauliflower and remove the stem. Blend in a food processor until it gets a fine, almost snow-like texture, or grate on the rough side of a grater. Cook the cauliflower snow on high heat with a bit of olive oil in a pan until it gets some nice colour. Add a dash of honey, season with salt and pepper, and mix with the boiled rice.
5. While the cauliflower cooks, chop onion and garlic and cook it with some oil in a pot. Add chopped tomatoes and dried oregano and bring to the boil. Add salt, pepper, and optionally a bit of honey to taste. If you want a perfectly smooth tomato sauce, give it a quick once-over with a hand blender while in the pot.
6. Serve the almond coated chicken fillets with cauliflower rice, tomato sauce and a bit of cucumber cut into sticks for snack veggies.