The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
15 minute tomato soup with chicken, pesto and tortellini
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 4 canchopped tomatoes
- 200 mlwater
- 3 tbspred pesto
- 2 cubevegetable stock
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 350 gramschicken mini fillets
- 250 gramstortellini
- wholewheat baguette
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Here's a super quick tomato soup with chicken, pesto and tortellini. On the side are warm baguettes. Enjoy!
1. Add chopped tomatoes, water, pesto, crumbled vegetable stock cube and oregano to a large pot. Blend smooth with a hand blender, then bring to the boil.
2. Dice the chicken and add to the boiling soup along with tortellinis. Remember to wash hands and utensils afterwards.
3. Let the lot boil for about 6-8 minutes – until the chicken is cooked through and the tortellini ready. Meanwhile, warm the baguette in the oven or toaster. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve the soup in small bowls or deep plates, with warm baguette on the side. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help add ingredients to the pot. They can also help taste the soup.
Extra flavour: You can spice up the soup with some fresh or dried chilli – a good tip can be to add the chilli after portioning out the soup, so it's possible to opt out.