The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
15 minute tikka masala with chicken and naan
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 250 gramscouscous
- 500 mlboiling water
- 350 gramschicken mini fillets
- 350 gramstikka masala
- 100 mlwater
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 200 gramsfrozen peas
- 2 naan bread
- 0.5 cucumber
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 150 mlcreme fraiche 9%
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Today we've whipped up a quick version of the classic chicken tikka masala. We're serving it with peas, couscous, naan and snack veggies. Enjoy!
1. Cover the couscous with boiling water in a pot. Add a pinch of salt, stir, pop the lid on and let sit until serving.
2. Dice the chicken. Remember to wash hands and utensils when you're done.
3. Sear the chicken for a couple of minutes in some olive oil, in a pot or deep pan. Then add tikka masala, a bit of water shaken in the empty masala jar to get everything, chopped tomatoes and peas. Let simmer for 7-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, then taste.
4. Warm the naans in the oven or toaster and cut into triangles. Rinse and slice cucumber and rinse the tomatoes.
5. Serve the masala with couscous, snack veggies, naan and a dollop of creme fraiche and sprinkle of herbs on top - if you have some handy. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help slice the cucumber and rinse the tomatoes.
Extra flavour: Add cumin, coriander and dried chili - and top with fresh coriander.