The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
15 minute tartlets with chicken in asparagus and bean salad with apple
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 300 gramscooked chicken meat
- 450 gramsfrozen beans
- 40 gramsbutter
- 50 gramsplain flour
- 2 tinchopped white asparagus
- 200 mlmilk
- 1 cubechicken stock
- 8 tartlet
- 2 apples
- 150 gramsfeta cubes
- 1 tomato
- dressing of your choice
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Probably the easiest round of chicken and asparagus ever – served in tartlets. On the side, we've made a yummy bean salad with apple and feta. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan assisted.
2. Pick the cooked chicken into strips with your fingers – if frozen, remember to thaw it to the point where you can pick it apart. Blanch the frozen beans with boiling water to thaw. Set both aside.
3. Melt the butter in a pot, then add flour. Now whisk the very best you know, until butter and flour are mixed well. Whisk for another few minutes over medium heat, without letting the roux brown. This will take away any floury taste.
4. Now add some of brine from the asparagus, while you again use your Popeye muscles to whisk your heart out. Once all lumps are whisked away, add more of the asparagus brine and again whisk until all lumps are gone. Carry on until you're all out of brine.
5. Then add the milk little by little, while still whisking away. Add asparagus, chicken meat and stock cube. Carefully bring to the boil while stirring, so nothing burns.
6. Season with salt and pepper, and add another splash of milk if you'd like the sauce a bit runnier. Warm the tartlets in the oven.
7. Rinse and slice the apples. Mix with beans, feta and dressing of your choice.
8. Slice rinsed tomato and serve the tartlets with chicken in asparagus, tomato slices on top and bean salad on the side. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut up the apples. They can also slice the tomato.