The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
15 minute root veg soup with bacon, creme fraiche and baguettes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 450 gramsfrozen root vegetables
- 1 tbsppaprika
- 600 mlwater
- 1 canchopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 4 mini baguette
- 100 gramsbacon slices
- 200 mlcreme fraiche 9%
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
When you're a busy family with young kids, it's a godsend when dinner can be ready in just 15 minutes! So today we're using frozen root veg for this yummy root veg soup, served with bacon, creme fraiche and baguettes. Enjoy!
1. Sweat the frozen root veg for a couple of minutes along with paprika in a large pot. Add water, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Let the soup simmer with the lid on for 10-12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees fan assisted and warm the baguette. Fry the bacon crispy on a pan and let drip off on some kitchen roll.
3. Blend the soup smooth with a hand blender or in a regular blender. Do remember never to fill the blender more than halfway when blending hot liquids, as they can 'explode' when blended. We suggest placing a dishtowel over the blender rather than the lid.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with baguettes, creme fraiche, bacon and a sprinkle of herbs on top. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help fry the bacon – do watch out for sputtering. They can also help set the table.
Tips for extra flavour: You can add thyme or more stock cube to the soup, just as you can give it a sprinkle of cumin.