The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
15 minute ramen soup with chicken and egg
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 2 literwater
- 2 cubechicken stock
- 4 egg
- 350 gramschicken strips
- 150 gramsedamame beans
- 200 gramsgrated carrot
- 250 gramswholewheat noodles
- 50 mlsoy sauce
- 1 lime
- 7 radish
- 150 gramsbean sprouts
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We've whipped up a brilliant ramen soup for the days where things need to come together in a hurry! We've used pre-cooked chicken strips, edamame beans and grated carrots. We're topping the whole thing with bean sprouts, radishes and eggs. If you have time to spare, you can of course cook a handful or fresh chicken fillets – just remember to adjust your shopping list. Enjoy!
1. Add the water from the ingredient list to a large pot along with crumbled stock cubes. Crank the heat all the way up and bring to the boil.
2. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil for the eggs. Boil the eggs for 10 minutes, then immediately rinse with cold water – to stop them cooking and make them easier to peel.
3. Add chicken strips, edamame beans, grated carrot and noodles to the pot and cook for another 5-7 minutes or so, until the noodles are cooked.
4. Season to taste with soy sauce, lime juice and more stock, if needed.
5. Rinse and slice radishes.
6. Serve in bowls or deep plates with peeled and halved eggs, radish slices and bean sprouts on top. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help slice the radishes. They can also help taste the soup and peel the eggs.