The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
15 minute pasta salad with pesto chicken, tomato and peas
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 300 gramswholewheat pasta
- 350 gramschicken mini fillets
- 250 gramsfresh peas- or frozen
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 100 gramsfeta cubes
- 130 gramsred pesto
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Pasta salad is a favourite with most kids – and parents, as it's super quick to make! Here we've whipped up a yummy version with chicken, red pesto, tomato, feta and peas. If you can find fresh ones, nab those and put the kids on shucking duty – if not, just grab the frozen kind. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet, then rinse with cold water. At this time, put on a pot with a litre of water (or thereabouts – no need to fuss too much) and bring to the boil, if using frozen peas.
2. Cut the chicken into thin strips and sear on a pan with some olive oil. Remember to season with salt and pepper.
3. If using fresh peas, shuck them around now – if not, cover the frozen peas with boiling water in a bowl to thaw. Rinse and halve the cherry tomatoes.
4. Mix the pasta with chicken, feta, red pesto, cherry tomatoes and peas – and dinner's served. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help rinse and halve the tomatoes, shuck the peas if using fresh, and of course help mix the lot together in the end.