The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
15 minute pasta carbonara with fried portobello mushrooms
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 300 gramswholewheat spaghetti
- 300 gramsportobello mushrooms
- 0.5 tbspgarlic powder
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 4 egg
- 150 gramsgrated cheddar
- 1 apple
- 200 gramsgrated carrot
- coleslaw dressing
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Here's a super quick veggie version of classic carbonara, for those days where you're especially short on time. We've used portobello mushrooms, grated cheddar and oregano. We're serving it with a quick carrot salad. We've used garlic powder, but you can of course use finely minced fresh garlic instead. Enjoy!
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet.
2. Clean and slice the mushrooms. Fry on a pan in some butter for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic powder or finely minced garlic, and oregano.
3. Beat the eggs and mix with cheddar, some salt and pepper.
4. Drain the spaghetti and mix with mushrooms, egg and cheese, and pasta. Heat while stirring, so the egg is warmed throughout. Season with some salt and pepper.
5. Make a quick salad by slicing the apple, mixing with grated carrot and top with dressing of your choice.
6. Serve the yummy and piping hot carbonara with carrot salad. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help slice the apple. They can also mix the egg and cheddar.