The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
15 minute omelette with ham, peas and tomatoes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 10 egg
- 200 mlmilk
- 175 gramsham strips
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 8 slicerye bread
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunchchives
- 300 gramsfrozen peas– or fresh
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Here's a super quick omelette with fried ham, cherry tomatoes, peas and rye bread on the side. The recipe is perfect for Mondays – or other days where you're tight for time. Enjoy!
1. Dice the onion.
2. Sweat the onion for a couple of minutes in some olive oil on a large pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Pour the egg onto the pan and stir carefully to spread out the onion. Pop a lid on the pan or cover it with tinfoil – this helps the omelette set quicker.
4. While the omelette simmers, fry the ham strips on a separate pan in some olive oil. Add oregano and fry for another 5 or so minutes. Season with a bit of salt and pepper, but keep in mind that ham usually contains quite a bit of salt as is.
5. Toast the rye bread in a toaster – it gives a lovely flavour! Rinse and halve the cherry tomatoes. Cook the peas according to the bag if you've opted for frozen.
6. Serve the omelette with ham strips, cherry tomatoes and chives on top – and peas and toasted rye bread on the side. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help crack eggs into the bowl and whisk. They can also rinse and halve the tomatoes.