The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
15 minute Hawaii bowl with noodles, chicken and mango
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat noodles
- 350 gramschicken mini fillets
- 1 tinkidney beans in chilli sauce
- 70 gramssalad mix
- 0.5 cucumber
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- honey mustard dressing
- 45 gramstoasted seeds or nuts of your choice
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We LOVE easy dishes for busy days. This cold noodle salad takes just 15 minutes to make, and is pure Hawaii style with chicken, mango, beans and plenty of veg. Enjoy!
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet. Then drain, rinse the noodles with cold water and leave to drip off in a colander.
2. Fry the chicken mini fillets on a pan in some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Now drain the liquid from the tin of beans onto the pan with the chicken fillets. Pour the beans into a bowl.
3. Rinse and slice lettuce, cucumber, mango, avocado and lime to your liking. Place everything in small bowls.
4. Place the lot on the table and let the family assemble their own favourite bowl. Top with beans, toasted seeds and dressing. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help slice the veggies. They can also help place everything in small bowls and onto the table. If you don't have honey mustard dressing, whip up a quick dressing by mixing creme fraiche or skyr with some curry, pressed garlic, mustard and sweet chilli sauce - and seasoning with salt and pepper.