The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
15 minute gnocchi with tomato sauce, turkey bacon and quick salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 125 gramsturkey bacon
- 700 gramsgnocchi
- 280 gramsorganic pizza sauce
- 200 mlwater
- 70 gramssalad mix
- 3 tomato
- 150 gramsfeta cubes
- dressing of your choice
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Gnocchi is an Italian classic - a sort of 'pasta' made from cooked, mashed potatoes. We're pan frying them to give a crispy crust, and serving them with a tomato sauce with turkey bacon and a quick salad. Enjoy!
1. Begin by cutting turkey bacon into smaller pieces. Fry until crispy on a pan with some olive oil. While the bacon is frying, take a separate pan and fry the gnocchi in some olive oil over medium heat. Remember to turn them so they brown on all sides.
2. Back to the turkey bacon. Add tomato sauce, pour water into the sauce jar, shake it to get everything out and add this to the sauce. Let the sauce simmer and season with salt and pepper and optionally some oregano, thyme or other herbs if you have some to hand.
3. Make a quick salad from rinsed salad mix, rinsed, sliced tomatoes and feta cubes. Mix the lot with dressing of your choice.
4. Serve the pan fried gnocchi with tomato sauce and crunchy salad. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut up the turkey bacon, stir and taste the sauce.