The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
15 minute club sandwich with quick greens
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 150 gramsbacon slices
- 350 gramschicken strips
- 2 apples
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 cucumber
- 5 radish
- lettuce of your choice
- 8 slicewholegrain sandwich bread
- 100 gramsmayonnaise
- 0.25 tbspcurry
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
The club sandwich is an enduring classic! The combination of bacon, chicken, apple and curry dressing come together in the perfect symphony for a crispy sandwich. We're serving this treat with carrots, cucumber and radishes. Enjoy!
1. Place bacon slices on a cold pan and switch on the hob. Fry the bacon until crispy, then let dry off on a piece of kitchen roll.
2. Meanwhile, fry the chicken strips on a separate pan in some olive oil.
3. While the chicken and bacon is frying, prep the rest. Wash and slice apples. Peel carrots and into sticks along with cucumber. Rinse radishes and nip off the tops. Rinse and rip up the lettuce. Toast the sandwich bread in a toaster, or give it five minutes in the oven at 200 degrees fan assisted.
4. Mix a quick curry mayo from mayo and curry (yep, it's that simple!) and season to taste with salt and pepper.Bland en hurtig karrymayo med mayo og karry og smag til med salt og peber.
5. Place the lot on the table in small bowls and on plates. Now let the family assemble their very own favourite sandwich – the crispy apple is super tasty with the lettuce, bacon, chicken and curry mayo. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut apples and cucumber. They can also mix the mayo with curry, salt and pepper.
Extra flavour: If you want a bit more power in your sandwich, add mustard and a bit more curry to the dressing.